by Jean Ann Esselink on June 20, 2013

in DOMA,Families,Jean Ann Esselink,News

Post image for Congressman Gingrey Wants Schools To Teach Girls To Be Girls And Boys That They’re ‘Better’

Georgia Congressman Phil Gingrey demonstrated once again this week just why the Republican symbol is an elephant. In a speech waxing nostalgic about the warm fuzzy feelings Father’s Day engendered within him, Gingrey  informed Congress that he had a solution that would shore up DOMA, and put an end to all this equality nonsense.

Rep. Gingrey told the congress they should:

“go back into the schools at a very early age, maybe at the grade school level, and have a class for the young girls and have a class for the young boys and say, you know, this is what’s important! This is what a father does that is maybe a little different, maybe a little bit better than the talents that a mom has in a certain area. And the same thing for the young girls, that, you know, this is what a mom does, and this is what is important from the standpoint of that union which we call marriage.”

I know you won’t believe it unless you hear it for yourself:

There is a well-known maxim, often attributed to Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuit teaching sect, that says “Give me the child for 7 years, and I will give you the man.” Apparently  Rep. Gingrey hopes following that advice will head off the development of homosexuals and uppity women demanding equality, and restore us to a “better” time. It wouldn’t have surprised me if he had stopped to refresh himself with a glass of lemonade served to him by a flour-dusted pregnant woman in high heels and pearls.

Perhaps we need to send Rep. Gingrey a copy of Lady Gaga’s Born This Way. Scratch that. Let start with Helen Reddy’s, I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar and work up to Gaga. Congressman Gingrey seems to need a crash course in what has happened in the world in the last half century, and the myriad of ways America is better for it.

Photo from Rep. Gingrey’s Facebook Page

tncrmJean Ann Esselink is a straight friend to the gay community. Proud and loud Liberal. Closet writer of political fiction. Black sheep agnostic Democrat from a conservative Catholic family. Living in Northern Oakland County Michigan with Puck the Wonder Beagle.

Follow me on Twitter as @Uncucumbered or friend me on Facebook.

OkieDokieDog June 20, 2013 at 3:16 pm

These people… first reaction is to laugh and then the urge to go beat the crap outta them… with a spatula of course. ;)

OkieDokieDog June 20, 2013 at 3:19 pm

omg. I just went and read his wiki page. This moron is an OB/GYN who backed up that idiot Todd Akin.

garthkitty June 20, 2013 at 9:37 pm

It is surprising that a intelligent person has let part of his brain atrophy. I'm sure that the women in his life are really happy right now. My husband tells our daughter that she is the smartest person he has ever met and she can do anything she wants to do as long as she buts her mind to it. She can be anything. I am sure that my fourteen year old would love to tell him a thing or two.

nelle June 23, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Of all the professions… my gosh.

BJLincoln June 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I loved Helen Ready! When I was growing up, girls were quiet, let the boys win, you can be a nurse or teacher until you find a man. Then the late 60's and 70's said I could be anything I wanted.

garthkitty June 20, 2013 at 9:46 pm

These men are speaking through fear. They see women striving for better and working hard and they see their sons doing nothing. They have themselves to blame. The male teen is lazy and lacks any motivation. Something that parent should have taught him. I raised my son myself. His father was not much of an influence. I taught him work ethic. I took him to get a paper route at eleven, to the local market at fifteen and to the Men's Warehouse at eighteen. I made him pay half for his extra s that he wanted. I made him pay rent when he didn't want to go to college and I paid for that after he proved his grads were good. It is what I was put through because I was a girl. It worked on him. He is getting his second BS degree in two years and is talking Masters. We are very proud of him, and I expect no less from his sister. We cannot remove obstacles away, we must teach both girls and boys to work hard for equal opportunities. Gingrey is an ASS.

malibujd August 29, 2013 at 1:27 am

How do these people get into office?