by David Badash on November 16, 2012

in News,Religion

Post image for Franklin Graham: Gays Can’t Have Marriage Because ‘Plumbing’ Must Be ‘Completely Different’

Franklin Graham today said that gay people cannot have marriage or make families because “plumbing” must be “completely different” for that to happen. In an interview with David Brody of televangelist Pat Robertson‘s Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), Graham said same-sex marriage “takes the family away and there is no way you can have a family with two females or two males — if you just think biologically how God made us, our plumbing is completely different.”

Because “God is the one who gave marriage,” Graham posits, there “is no room for us to consider gay marriage or same-sex marriage.” Graham, the less famous, and less charismatic son of 94-year old Billy Graham, adds that marriage equality “is redefining what God gave us.”

Brody looks at Graham and nods approvingly.

Apparently, Brody did not question the younger Graham on why his father decided to endorse Mitt Romney, despite, for decades, having called Mormonism a “cult.”

Thanks to Right Wing Watch for the video

leonardoricardo November 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I never noticed OUR plumbing was different. I would have noticed. God has done some pretty interesting and wonderful things with plumbing…and the verious adaptors aren't new…nothing is new under the sun but someone inform this son that he best stay away from Sarah Palin if he hopes to pass any IQ challenges in the near future.

65snake November 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I am truly sick of this argument. So, if I am unable (or unwilling, you asshat wearing fucktart) to have children, does that invalidate my marriage? Kiss my infertile twat, you scumsucking dickbag.

cjonesnj November 16, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I guess this pretty much confirms the true source of all the recent Graham anti-LGBT sentiment, huh?

VerboCityMayor November 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm

If procreative sex is the point, Joseph, Mary and Jesus were not a family.
Patris is not really a father and filius not really his son.

And where does it say in the Bible, dear franklin, that marriage is a condition of child bearing and vice versa? Hint: the same place Jesus condemns homosexuality.

lepidopteryx November 17, 2012 at 12:30 am

God didn't give me any of my heterosexual marriages. My husbands and I made them.
No children were created during any of my marriages, My one child was created between marriages.
Guess I was never "really" married, even though the state of Louisiana said I was.

bill_lynn November 17, 2012 at 10:08 am

Apparently, his 4,000 year old moral values didn't anticipate adoption, in vitro fertilization, surrogacy, foster care and various other means for same-sex couples to start families. In my mind plumbing doesn't have a thing to do with having a family. There are plenty of infertile ordinary couples who resort to these exact same means to start a family. Shall we condemn them for not having a "natural" family?