stats for wordpress
 







Are you on Facebook?

Would you please click "like" in the box to your right, or

Visit us on Facebook!


Gay Marriage Attacker Pat Robertson: Petraeus Affair OK Because ‘He’s A Man’

by David Badash on November 13, 2012

in News,Politics,Religion

Post image for Gay Marriage Attacker Pat Robertson: Petraeus Affair OK Because ‘He’s A Man’

Pat Robertson has given his blessing to the General David Petraeus — Paula Broadwell affair because the resigned-in-disgrace now-former CIA Director and retired four-star general is “a man.” Robertson, 82, a pioneer among televangelists, believes the Bible and marital vows don’t apply when you’re “off in a foreign land” and “lonely.”

On his 700 Club TV show Robertson, a Christian fundamentalist and theocrat, excused Petraeus for his indiscretions and for ignoring his marital vows of 37 years because Broadwell “is an extremely good looking woman.”

“She is a marathon runner. She runs Iron Man triathlons. So she’s out running with him and writing a biography.”

One of the most offensive comments Robertson makes is that Broadwell threw herself at Petraeus.

Let’s be very clear here. Former Baptist Minister, former GOP candidate for president, and professional man of God, Pat Robertson, who spends a good portion of his time advocating against the legalization of same-sex marriage, who tells gay people they are going to hell — using the bible as his defense — ignores the Bible when it comes to heterosexual infidelity.

Hypocrisy? Absolutely.

The Bible demands stoning to death women adulterers, but not men who cheat on their wives.

Robertson has blamed the ACLU for the 9/11 attacks, he has blamed abortion for the Katrina devastation, and blamed a supposed pact with the Devil Haiti made for the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

Hat tip: Right Wing Watch and Gawker

Related:

Pat Robertson Fires Top Attorney After Gay Relationships Accusations

Romney Campaigner Pat Robertson Is Sad ‘We Don’t Condone Wife-Beating These Days’

Pat Robertson: Democratic ‘Party Of Gays, Godlessness’ Is ‘Going After God’

Pat Robertson: Gays Must ‘Shut Their Mouth’ Until They Can ‘Bring Forth A Baby From’ …

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friends:

We invite you to sign up for our new mailing list, and subscribe to The New Civil Rights Movement via email or RSS.

Also, please like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!

{ 9 comments }

Alex_Parrish November 13, 2012 at 7:12 pm

What a waste of oxygen that old fool is.

Monroe94102 November 13, 2012 at 8:41 pm

As if he had any credit to be taken seriously anyway?

cajun_snake November 13, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I'm sorry, Pat, but my wife and I take our vowes VERY seriously. I don't care where you are, or how much you miss them, you DON'T be messin'. But for anyone who MIGHT agree with him, food for thought…if you're messin', what makes you think your partner isn't just as lonely?

TurboKitty November 13, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Just another pasty old white man trying to make himself feel superior … women are equal too!

KevinGename November 13, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Let me get this straight, Pat: infidelity is a violation of the sanctity of marriage, and your defending this man's violation by putting the blame on the mistress, yet god forbid a same-sex couple wants to wed? Your logic is full of holes.

BeerandOnion November 14, 2012 at 7:49 am

I’m not going to waste my time by posting a comment about this man’s lack of ethics, equality, and spiritual maturity. Wait a minute – I just did post a comment. I guess that makes me as much of a hypocrite as this old white guy.

P.S. I'm an old white guy, I can share the title.

lepidopteryx November 15, 2012 at 12:57 am

He's off in a foreign land, he's lonely (ie horny) – he has two hands and opposable thumbs, and I'm sure he could find a bottle of lotion somewhere.

Coxhere November 15, 2012 at 7:44 am

Yikes! The Sin Of Onan! Gawd strikes dead any man who masturbates! 99% of men masturbate and the other 1% is lying. ALL men everywhere should be smoted to death by now! Why are we all still up and running around?

lepidopteryx November 16, 2012 at 12:06 am

Of course = masturbation is a worse sin than adultery. How silly of me. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 2 trackbacks }

Previous post:

Next post: