by David Badash on August 10, 2013

in 2014 Winter Olympics,Civil Rights,News,Politics

Post image for Gay People’s Hearts ‘Unsuitable’ For Life Says Head Of Russia’s State-Controlled TV News

If there were any questions left that Vladimir Putin is waging an all-out war on Russia’s gay citizens, this chilling video will extinguish them. Since 2008, Dmitri Kisilev has been the Deputy General Director of the Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (RTR), according to a Google translation of his bio at Rossiya 1, Russia’s state-owned, operated, and government-controlled 24-hour news network.

UPDATE: I’m Not Homophobic, I Have Gay Friends Says Russian TV Anchor Who Called Gay People’s Hearts ‘Unsuitable’ For Life

On “Vesti,” Rossiya 1′s top news show — which airs all across Russia every two hours – Dmitri Kisilev told his fellow Russian citizens that the hearts of LGBT people are “unsuitable” for life.

Referring to Putin’s new anti-gay laws, Kisilev can be seen in the video below stating vehemently, “I think that just imposing fines on gays for homosexual propaganda among teenagers is not enough.”

In his hate-filled screed, Kisilev continues, saying gay people “should be banned from donating blood, sperm,” and adds that he believes “their hearts, in case of the automobile accident, should be buried in the ground or burned as unsuitable for the continuation of life.”

WATCH: You’ll Have No Idea How Much Some Russians Hate Gays Until You Watch This

Apparently, Dmitri Kisilev believes that his fellow Russians should actually die rather than accept a heart transplant from a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender human being.

Blogger John Aravosis, who first broke this story tonight, says Kiselev “called for gays to apparently be put to death,” and that’s one interpretation of the commentary. “Note the wild applause in the video, below, from the those in attendance when Herr Kiselev finishes detailing his final kampf,” adds Aravosis, who notes:

Russia 1 is part of a larger TV network that is wholly-controlled by the Kremlin (so says the BBC).  This wouldn’t happen without Vladmir Putin’s approval.

Watch:

Related:

Vladimir Putin Just Made It Illegal To Tell Kids Gay People Exist

Photos: Stephen Fry Joins Hundreds In London To Protest Russia Anti-Gay Laws, Olympics

Do Or Die Time For The 2014 Sochi Olympics

Think You Know What’s Going On In Russia? 20 Shocking Reports Show Anti-Gay Hate Exploding

richkadams August 10, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Are you sure that's Russian TV? Are you sure it's not the 700 club and Pat Robertson wearing a bald cap? We hear the same crap from him every week.

ignatzz August 11, 2013 at 5:51 pm

We actually don't. Astonishingly, this guy is an even bigger hater than a shit like Pat Robertson.

Robroberts2013 August 10, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Wow, its sure is getting weird in Russia … Laying the groundwork for genocide.

SeanLiberty13 August 10, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Hello Nazi.

Robroberts2013 August 11, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Fortunately we have a weapon against Putin that we didn't against Hitler — the Internet. Hitler was able to hide behind his one-way propoganda machine. Putin will have no such luxury. Putin is unleashing a shitstorm of epic proportion that will greatly harm his country. Putin is planting the seeds of genocide, but the world cannot allow him to harvest them.

sdfrenchie August 11, 2013 at 1:01 am

Kiss my ass, Putin & Kusilev! Fuckin' bullies.

sdfrenchie August 11, 2013 at 1:08 am

<div class="idc-message" id="idc-comment-msg-div-697728719"><a class="idc-close" title="Click to Close Message" href="javascript: IDC.ui.close_message(697728719)"><span>Close Message</span> Comment posted. <p class="idc-nomargin"><a class="idc-share-facebook" target="_new" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthenewcivilrightsmovement.com%2Fgay-peoples-hearts-unsuitable-for-life-says-head-of-russias-state-controlled-tv-news%2Fpolitics%2F2013%2F08%2F10%2F72922#IDComment697728719&t=I%20just%20commented%20on%20Gay%20People%E2%80%99s%20Hearts%20%E2%80%98Unsuitable%E2%80%99%20For%20Life%20Says%20Head%20Of%20Russia%E2%80%99s%20State-Controlled%20TV%20News%20%7C%20The%20New%20Civil%20Rights%20Movement&quot; style="text-decoration: none;"><span class="idc-share-inner"><span>Share on Facebook</span></span> or <a href="javascript: IDC.ui.close_message(697728719)">Close MessageI'd like to know if the majority of people in Russia agree with Putin on this. If they don't, they should all be protesting this turn back to communism and loss of freedom. If they do agree, then the gay people of Russia better get the hell out of there and stay out. If they can, that is. This raw hatred is way over the top. Not to mention the fact that those fuckers will give the Americans who hate us too many ideas of how to handle that pesky little LGBT problem. Every day the bigots of the world are teaching me to hate and showing me that I have more anger inside than I ever realized I could have.

DFitch19 October 6, 2013 at 1:01 am

Idk seeing how bad things are in Russia has made me sort of grateful that I'm a bisexual living in America. I mean this shit wouldn't be allowed here. Imagine if they tried to do this on a big news channel like Fox and although they seem to be prejudiced towards Atheists they would never be allowed to do something like this. I'm not saying America is perfect because it's far from it LGBT people are still being beaten, raped and killed every day but at least we have some kind of protections from our gov't. Or at least a government that doesn't openly hate us.

Robroberts2013 August 11, 2013 at 1:19 am

Whats this new meme spreading through the anti-gay world that gays are incapable of love and our hearts aren't suitable for life? Its like the desperate bigots are taking one last run at us, aiming straight for the core of our humanity and what makes us human … The raw hatred shown in Russia and in America by people like Sandy Rios is just horrifying and beyond the pale. This is almost exactly out of Hitler's playbook on how he dehumanized the Jews, and yes the time has come to directly compare Vladimir Putin to Adolph Hitler. Lets hope the Sochi Olympics don't turn out as well for Putin as the 1938 Olympics did for Hitler.

RRuinsky August 11, 2013 at 8:22 pm

You're absolutely right. The US going to this Olympics is a repeat of out mistake going to HItler's Berlin. We will be sanctioning Putin's state sponsored terror campaign against gay Russians. And we will be putting the lives of our own athletes at risk.

mantis33shrimp August 11, 2013 at 3:50 am

Пішов на хуй сука! Поцілуй мене в дупу! You evil ignorant haters are the ones with no hearts. Go feck yourselves!

ReichWingHater August 11, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Who are YOU talking to, Shrimp??????

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 8:38 pm

'Feck'? Is he a Scottish shrimp?

mantis33shrimp August 12, 2013 at 11:21 am

She is a Canadian shrimp!

mantis33shrimp August 12, 2013 at 11:21 am

I'm talking to the murdering scum in Russia!

loki_watches August 12, 2013 at 11:29 am

lol. Yayyy friendly Canadians to the rescue!!!

mantis33shrimp August 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm

We Ukies know our Big Slavic brother has been crazy for a long while. But this latest symptom of the disease is frightening. My advice to gay Russians is to leave that place or fight the bastards in any way you can. This scapegoating and hatred of gay people for no logical reason brings out my inner angry Cossack!

ReichWingHater August 12, 2013 at 7:48 pm

oh ok..carry on then! :)

BJLincoln August 11, 2013 at 8:23 am

I don't think I can watch. I'm glad our government is on our side instead of turning us out for slaughter like Russia. I would compare Putin to Hitler at this point and I don't see how the world can watch this and not agree to move the games to Canada. This should clarify things for the IOC.

jeffsf1234 August 11, 2013 at 10:05 am

This is how it all begins. It will not be long before you start seeing mass arrests or disappearances. If people do not stand up now and call out the Russian government and the Russian Orthodox Church we simply will not later accept the excuses that "I did not know". To all my Russian friends…if you dont stop this now dont be surprised when they finally "move up the food chain" and come after you. The Russian Orthodox Church should remember when the government moved after them. Or is their memory so short.

Sgarre1 August 11, 2013 at 4:54 pm

And we will be marching our LGBT athletes into the maw of hate and state sanctioned violence. I fear for their safety and that of their loved ones who will be in attendance at Sochi. I want them to realize their dreams that they've worked so hard to achieve but I also do not want any of them to be sacrificial lambs on the alter of hate and intolerance. No one, Russian, American, European or otherwise should have to suffer brutality or death to catalyze change in a country hellbent on destroying itself.

RRuinsky August 11, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I believe allowing the athletes into Russia, into this horror, will result in disaster. Munich all over again, but gay athletes will be the target.

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I would recommend instead of commenting here, taking a stroll over to http://www.rt.com, and debating with the russian people. Some of the comments on the gay topics are disgusting and hate filled.

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

RRuinsky August 11, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Took a trip over there. Anyone who enters better wear a hazmat suit. And not surprisingly they are ranting about the Jews as well. Putin is getting what he wanted. A hate fest against the "other" so he can stay in power.

loki_watches August 11, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Create a fear, then appear to fight that invisible foe. Cheaper than creating a war too. As you say, gets the voters on his side. You're a braver man than me going to Russia. Shame, I'm sure parts are very beautiful.

RRuinsky August 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Oh nooo! I had a tough enough time at the Russia Today website. I've never been to Russia. Quite honestly, as someone who is Jewish I would fear for my safety there. I don't think it's safe for Americans at all, except for Edward Snowen, the Russian's best friend.

RRuinsky August 11, 2013 at 8:41 pm

BTW, interesting trying to post anything against Russia's law against their gay citizen. It all was blocked saying there was "offensive language" in the post. But their gay bashing clearly was not offensive to them. There was more than enough of it posted by people.

loki_watches August 12, 2013 at 11:37 am

Indeed, it's all about how you word it. Try ''It's amazing how much ignorance the Russian media portrays to it's population. When an online site prevents people from posting comments, deeming them 'offensive', thereby providing a one sided viewpoint. Such actions could be viewed as propagandist. Freedom of speech is really taking a hit in your country. Maybe try encouraging love and understanding rather than blind hatred.''

RRuinsky August 11, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Putin is gearing up to genocide. I don't think there should be any doubt about it. And if the world stands by, if the US acts like nothing is wrong, then we are part of the problem.

pwrblnc August 11, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Sounds like the Nazi's are back. We better be careful of this regime. We better all be careful.

Transitarian November 6, 2013 at 9:42 am

The only thing I find off about this is the guy works at a RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED NEWS STATION. In that essence, he probably could be saying things just so he doesn't get a black bag over his head and thrown into a prison cell.

For best reference, think of Fox News.