by David Badash on July 31, 2012

in Bigotry Watch,Discrimination,News,Religion

Post image for ‘God Invented AIDS’ Says Former GOP State Candidate, Unleashing Homophobic Tirade On Lesbian Mom

Carole Lokan-Moore, a former GOP state senate candidate for New Jersey, on Monday unleashed a homophobic tirade on a lesbian mother who merely commented on Facebook that she was “sad to see a local business” was against same-sex marriage. Lokan-Moore, who owns Camp Whitebriar, a bed and breakfast in Edgewater Park, New Jersey, posted a sign in front of the B&B stating:

Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day, Marriage One Man One Woman One God

On Camp Whitebriar’s Facebook page, Joianne Fraschilla, a lesbian mother with a small son, merely wrote:

This is somewhere my son loves to pass by and we have been excited to visit. Not anymore. I’m sad to see a local business anti LGBT marriage.

That was it. Nothing hateful. No demands. No protest. No boycott. Merely, “I’m sad.”

Carole Lokan-Moore, or someone with access to Camp Whitebriar’s Facebook page, apparently responded with a lengthy tirade which concluded with “….remember what the bible says: ‘Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas’…..guess that’s why God invented aids….”

(By the way, the Bible never said that.)

Here’s a screenshot of Carole Lokan-Moore’s full tirade on Facebook, which was subsequently deleted. Full text below.

Isn’t it wonderful Joanne Fraschilla, that you and your son can enjoy the animals here because I have a traditional marriage with a husband who works with me 90 hours a week to take care of these animals, and the summer camp….we’re 66-68years old….there were no gays or queers in our time…..if two old ladies chose to live together..so be it, let them deal with God when they get there…but to have the “face sucking” thrown in my face of two gay lesbians who are totally destroying the “normal balance in a child’s life” as you claim your son…where is the role model that your son needs to know how to act like a man? or will he only see the “one sided selfishness” of a “single parent”…and end up an out cast in society by being “gay” himself because he didn’t have a father as a role model. I’ll pray for you….remember what the bible says: “Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas”…..guess that’s why God invented aids….

THIS LOCAL BUSINESS WILL BE ONE MAN ONE WOMAN ONE GOD MAKES MARRIAGE….AND PROUD TO DO SO….YOU SHOULD BE SO LUCKY TO OWN YOUR OWN BUSINESS”

In response, there are dozens of comments on Facebook supporting Joianne Fraschilla, who has started a Change.org petition asking for an apology.

Joe.My.God. and his readers did some investigating, first reporting that Lokan-Moore had run for the New Jersey senate, finding she received only 416 votes in the primary, and noting, “Lokan-Moore is a member of the NRA, a member of the Daughters Of The Confederacy (shocker), and is the president of the South Jersey B&B Association, which appears to have no web presence.”

Jeremy Hooper writes, “It’s getting really nutty out there, and NOM, FRC, AFA, HUCKABEE, PALIN, et. al are feeding right into it.”

Evan Hurst at Truth Wins Out took the time to respond, line by line, to Lokan-Moore’s tirade.

By the way, did you catch the “I have a traditional marriage” part? Heterosexual marriages didn’t used to be called “traditional marriages” until the Family Research Council and National Organization For Marriage started to call them that.

Personally, this doesn’t make me angry, it makes me sad. Carole Lokan-Moore seems to me to be a product of hate and ignorance. Her candidate page states she was an “Educator for 18 years.” She has much to learn.

Mykelbarber July 31, 2012 at 9:25 am

I think I would have just told the old cunt to fuck off and that I was starting a boycott of her business as well.

Firewaller July 31, 2012 at 9:55 am

Well, if God created Gay people, it only makes sense that he created AIDS, does it not? We can't have it both ways.

eroissyfr July 31, 2012 at 10:50 am

exactly. But you are gonna get a lot of haters on that remark..lol

eroissyfr July 31, 2012 at 10:49 am

No need to start a boycott of her business. She will lose business all on her own..or maybe not. Carole has the right to her opinion on marriage. period. She has the right to voice it and put a sign in her front yard. She doesn't have the right to viciously attack someone the way she did. She could have posted exactly what she said in an entirely (civilized) manner.

I wouldn't patronize her establishment because of her attack on someone who obviously was a past guest. Not because of her beliefs. Not a great way to do business.

She also might want to do some bible reading and discussion with her church as well. She has not a clue what Christianity is really about. I am an atheist and think it is all hooey anyway, but if you are gonna label yourself at least know what you are talking about.

As an educator I am sure she has heard of Benjamin Franklin who is attributed with the lying down with dogs quote. I don't think he is quoted in any version of any bible.

What a doughass.

SOVERYGAY July 31, 2012 at 11:18 am

Firewaller.My faith teaches me that God is not the author of sickness,disease and death.He is the God of healing.I think that's a big problem with these Plastic Christian.They have no desire to worship a God of love and compassion,they find much more pleasure in the God of Judgement and wrath.I stopped saying I was a Christian a while ago.The reputation of Christianity here in America is one of hate,bigotry,intolerance,fear,and ignorance.This perception is laid solely at the feet of the Plastic Christians who are taught in Plastic Churches.The Church needs to busy itself going about the task God set for it,Feed the hungry,Taking care of the widowsand orphans,Tend to the sick and the poor.These task seem to get ignored as the Church takes on the responsibility of performing the Almighty's job,passing judgement and dictating to people where they shall spend eternity.God passes judgement because he is "Divine" and his judgement is pure,man's judgement is imperfect because man is imperfect.This is the reason God has reserved Judgement for himself.

RALPH August 1, 2012 at 1:56 pm

A NEW AMERICAN TRADITION IS BORN!!!!!!

[HOLDING HIGH THE STANDARD: CAROLE LOKAN-MOORE OF WHITEBRIAR BED & BREAKFAST IS THE BETSY ROSS OF THE SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION!!!!]

A NEW DAY HAS DAWNED ON THE HORIZON OF OUR NATION’S HISTORY, AS AMERICANS ACROSS THE LAND ARE JOYOUSLY CELEBRATING CHICK-FIL-A® APPRECIATION DAY AND ENJOYING DELICIOUS CHICKEN SANDWICHES!!!!!!!!

TODAY WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR GOVERNOR ROMNEY TO SPEAK OUT IN SUPPORT OF CHICK-FIL-A® AND SHOULD INSPIRE AMERICA’S COUNTRY WESTERN SINGERS TO COMPOSE AND RECORD SOME MOVING CHICK-FIL-A® SONGS!!!!!

FREEDOM IS ON THE MARCH AND WE’RE ENJOYING LIBERTY FOR LUNCH!!!!!!!!!