Rush Limbaugh, the current de facto leader of the Republican Party, is known to be bigoted and homophobic.
And while he speaks to Conservatives, it’s important that you know what he has to say about you. Here you go, five of Rush Limbaugh’s most offensive, anti-gay, homophobic, bigoted comments:
- Aired a song about Senator Barney Frank called “Banking Queen“.
- Democrats will “bend over, grab the ankles, and say, ‘Have your way with me’” to African American and gay voters.
- On the Mark Foley scandal: “In their hearts and minds and their crotches, they don’t have any problem with what Foley did. They’ve defended it over the — over the years.“
- Openly gay students are “trumpeting” their sexuality, “inviting dissent”.
- “When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation”
Lastly, there’s this one, which I have yet to figure out how many sensibilities it offends:
“…let’s say we discover the gene that says the kid’s gonna be gay. How many parents, if they knew before the kid was gonna be born, [that he] was gonna be gay, they would take the pregnancy to term? Well, you don’t know but let’s say half of them said, “Oh, no, I don’t wanna do that to a kid.” [Then the] gay community finds out about this. The gay community would do the fastest 180 and become pro-life faster than anybody you’ve ever seen. … They’d be so against abortion if it was discovered that you could abort what you knew were gonna be gay babies.”
We invite you to sign up for our new mailing list, and subscribe to The New Civil Rights Movement via email or RSS.