‘I Would Shove All Live Gays Into A Furnace’ Says Popular Russian Actor

by David Badash on December 13, 2013

in Bigotry Watch,Discrimination,News,Religion

Post image for ‘I Would Shove All Live Gays Into A Furnace’ Says Popular Russian Actor

A popular Russian actor who starred in a TV sitcom similar to “Scrubs” told a packed audience that he would be happy to burn all living gay people alive, by himself.

“I myself would shove all live gays into [a] furnace,” Ivan Okhlobystin (image, above) told his audience in Novosibirsk, Russia’s third-largest city. “This is Sodom and Gomorrah, I as a beliver in God can not treat this indifferently, this is a live threat to my kids!”

“I do not want my kids to think that faggots are normal,” Okhlobystin, who is 47 and a member of the Russian Orthodox Church and a former Russian Orthodox priest, said, according to Queer Russia. “This is lavender fascism. If a person can not choose someone of an opposite sex for procreation – this is an overt sign of mental abnormality, so they should be denied voting rights.”

Attendees, according to Russian news site NEWS.NG.ru paid up to 2500 rubles — about $76 U.S. dollars — to hear the actor, director, writer, and one-time presidential candidate speak in what was billed as “Spiritual Discussions.”

Queer Russia adds that Okhlobystin continued the discussion on social media, adding:

For a man there are only two options available to have an attitude toward sodomites: either acceptance or rejection. Given the aggression with which sodomites dictate their will to the world, there can not be some middle way. If you continue to flirt with sodomites, citing the rules of international, civil or criminal law – it means to be cunning and violating the law of God. Putting it simple – to serve the devil. Even non-participation in the solution of this problem is a betrayal of God, whatever numerous and often conflicting “rights” claim. Plus the existence of official organizations which sodomites have in all their forms, from homosexuals to pedophiles – it is a direct insult to the feelings of believers in God, and therefore it should be prosecuted.

This is the culture of anti-gay hate that has been unlocked, unleashed and enabled by Vladimir Putin’s war on gays and anti-gay laws.

NEWS.NG.ru noted that during the talk, Okhlobystin, clutching rosary beads, answered questions that had been submitted in writing. The actor promised that he would answer any that he had not had time to address in his new book — the proceeds of which he said will go to buy arms for Syria.

Image of Okhlobystin via his Twitter page

Hat tip: Joe.My.God.

SeanLiberty13 December 13, 2013 at 2:11 pm

This uncivilized barbarian is also enabled by blood thirsty, inhuman, Nazi troglodyte hate mongers in America such as Tony Perkins and his grotesque FRC, Bryan Fischer and his parasitic AFA, Brian Brown and his mendacious NOM , Linda Harvey, Austin Ruse and his Himmler-like WCF, Scott Lively as well as the rest of the uncivilized fascist porcine that belong to Anti-gay Inc. and their war on civilized humanity and freedom. Their words are nearly identical to his and each one of them will be right in line behind him to be charged, tried, and sentenced for their crimes against humanity just like the Nazis who were caught after WWII. That punishment was a strenuous final dance at the looped end of a tight rope.

RRuinsky December 13, 2013 at 2:16 pm

This is following the trajectory the Nazis followed in their quest to rid the world of Jews, Gays, Communists. But the Nuremberg laws were specifically aimed at Jews. Can't own property, can't own a business, can't go to school. Then you just can't be allowed to live.
Does anyone really believe this isn't going in that direction for Gay Russians? They've already been beaten and killed. Russia is just a few steps away from mass exterminations.
Because of social media and news outlets we have more info, some outrage. But the US is still going to Sochi. No one has boycotted. And the same excuses are used. We'll show them gays can win medals! In 1936 it was Jesse Owen who was going to show Hitler he was wrong.
Millions of dead in concentration camps and a world war and what did it prove? Nothing.
And now the world does the same stupid thing all over again. Yawns, shrugs shows a little outrage but puts the money into the pockets of the Russians, the corporations and the networks.
Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it.

jhr459 December 13, 2013 at 7:30 pm

So why is there no organized effort to get these men and women out of Russia? I had not considered what you stated about mass exterminations, but once I read what you wrote, it seems absolutely possible , if not probable.

peterblaise December 14, 2013 at 3:05 am

… right after the current immigration law gets updated, I'm sure Congress will get to bringing in millions of Russian gays … =8^o

Commentator4791 December 15, 2013 at 2:31 pm

There are special circumstances that the are beyond the immigration debate and really have not been challenged. A refugee (or asylum seeker) is not the same as an immigrant. We've moved hundreds of thousands of people to the US from many countries where they became displaced by conflict or were targeted by their own governments, and granted them citizenship with little question. It's really not the same as the issues that are brought to light in the immigration debate.

peterblaise December 15, 2013 at 11:53 pm

That would be WONDERFUL — bypass immigration, and show hate-group NOM what the results of their efforts to eliminate gays reaps for the US!

Bring 'em in!

Commentator4791 December 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm

" I had not considered what you stated about mass extermination" I'm going to assume you are not gay. The extermination of gays has happened before and is an ongoing threat to gay people everywhere. It's the whole reason why gay people fight against inequality, for if it goes unchallenged then it devolves to exactly that – the worst case scenario. It can happen anywhere.

jhr459 December 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm

You assume wrong.

david_nwpa December 14, 2013 at 10:45 am

I have been arguing this point for some time, and the likes of Johnny Weir and Elton John argue that we must go there to show our solidarity with the LGBT community in Russia. That community is in tatters, and is hiding as best they can for their own survival. I agree that we need a mass exodus of LGBT Russians. Europe, Canada, and the US need to grant asylum to anyone who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender who is fleeing Russia. If not, the world will have a mass genocide yet again.

Robroberts2013 December 13, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I am not sure Russia should even be described as "1st world" or "civilized" anymore … its a cesspool of hate, and will end up like Germany after WWII — a burnt out shell. Hatred cannot lead to prosperity. Every tiime I think I cannot hate religion any more than I do, someone like this "orthodox" sociopath has to open his mouth and expose religion for the bankrupt death cult that it is. Fuck Russia and its Orthodox Church.

facehead December 13, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Jesus Christ–I mean, does this guy even know who Jesus Christ is? He claims to be a Christian and says he wants to shove all homosexuals into a furnace …

Moral compass my ass.

Commentator4791 December 15, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Maybe he's confused by the thousands of passages of the bible which condone atrocity vs. the relative few that condone harmony?

jhr459 December 13, 2013 at 7:27 pm

And this guy was a priest? Wow

peterblaise December 14, 2013 at 3:03 am

Of course — priests sodomized kids, so …

Commentator4791 December 15, 2013 at 2:33 pm

That's surprising? The most cruel humans I've ever met were deeply religious.

lougardinerassociates December 14, 2013 at 3:04 am

They are dreadful comments but there are equally stupid ilinformed comments on this site especially lumping all religions intogether in regards to their attitudes towards homosexuals. One could argue just as strongly about a country that claims to be Christian but is the most unequal society in the civilised world. It is a pity that the US population doesn't look at it's so called exemptional self before condemning other countries. Many would argue with plenty of evidence that the US has attitudes that are just as unchristian as Russia.I am no defender of Russia. This is a country run by criminals but the US needs to look at itself before preaching to others..

peterblaise December 14, 2013 at 3:39 am

… aw, c'mon, the filthy-rich Koch brothers are not trying to push the poor into ovens … coal mines maybe … well, I guess Exxon and Shell are wiping out third world country populations, so you do have a point …

Merv9999 December 15, 2013 at 12:36 pm

We definitely shouldn't lump all religions together. However, I'm sure you would agree that we should condemn any religion whose holy book condones slavery, genocide, and execution of gay people. We can at least all agree on that, can't we?

Commentator4791 December 15, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Of course not all religions have the same views on things, but they all embrace irrational thinking which is what makes this kind of atrocious ideology possible.

jhr459 December 15, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I think that religion is getting a bad rap here and in lots of places. I believe that religions were generally started by an individual or a small group of individuals and then once exposed to the general population of humans – that's when they begin to break down. It isn't religion that is bad – it is the humans that foul the original canon with greed and cruelty – two very human attributes. In no religious canon do I find the mandate to be cruel and avaricious – on the contrary.
The thing I have never understood is that most people that condemn religion do not believe in a 'higher power' which means that it must follow that all the evil done in the name of religion is a specious argument – it is done under the aegis of humans; not 'God'.

Merv9999 December 15, 2013 at 6:12 pm

"In no religious canon do I find the mandate to be cruel"

Unfortunately, that's not true. Here's a verse from 1 Samuel 15:3:

"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass"

God himself mandated genocide of the Amelikites, including woman, infants, and children. So, now you know. Any bad rap it gets is deserved.

jhr459 December 15, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I don't doubt for a minute that you are going to find this sort of passage in the Bible – in fact, there are going to be more passages in the Bible that espouse violence than you could put in the space alloted here. That isn't the canon of Judaism though. While I think that the Bible has some lovely passages, it also has a bunch of passages that are contrary to the original intent of Judaism. As a gay man I am always fighting against passages in the Bible as draconian, especially Leviticus. And this bears out what I believe – that the Bible is authored entirely from the minds of men.
This sort of venue is difficult to really outline my beliefs regarding faith, religion, God and man. I have never liked it when religious – especially Christian – people attack people that do not espouse the same things they believe. Conversely, I don't like it when non religious people feel it necessary to attack people of faith. What is the point, exactly? Do they think they are going to change one another? They are not and they know it – it become an exercise of ego.