Post image for Political Evangelical Calls For ‘War’ Against ‘Pagan Onslaught Imposing Homosexual Marriage’

by David Badash on June 6, 2013

in Bigotry Watch,Civil Rights,News,Politics,Religion

Editor’s note, June 8: Our latest story, “Republican National Committee Hires Tea Party Southern Baptist To Lobby For Evangelical Vote,” has a strong tie to the story you’re about to read below.

Editor’s note, June 7 — Read part two: “Rand Paul Tied To Evangelical Demanding War Against ‘Pagan’ Imposed ‘Homosexual Marriage’

The man tasked by top Republicans — like Mike Huckabee and Rand Paul – when vying for the GOP presidential nomination to endear them with America’s Evangelicals, has just published an op-ed demanding his followers “Wage war to restore a Christian America.” This is the third op-ed David Lane — whose work is primarily funded by the American Family Association — has written for World Net Daily. WND is home to other hate group members, like Bradlee Dean, and to the likes of Rick Santorum.

“Where are the champions of Christ to save the nation from the pagan onslaught imposing homosexual marriage, homosexual scouts, 60 million babies done to death by abortion and red ink as far as the eye can see on America?,” Lane, head of AFA’s American Renewal Project asks. “Who will wage war for the Soul of America and trust the living God to deliver the pagan gods into our hands and restore America to her Judeo-Christian heritage and re-establish a Christian culture?”

Lane, who has worked with Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, Haley Barbour, and Rand Paul (come back for more of that tomorrow) writes in no uncertain terms that he wants to make this “crystal clear”:

Those who embrace homosexual marriage and homosexual Scouting – or homosexuality in general – know little and practice nothing of Christianity. Notwithstanding Sen. Rob Portman – or the 1,400 Boy Scout delegates who buckled – Christian love is regulated not by impulse, but by principle.

The American Family Association is a hate group that appears on the Southern Poverty Law Center‘s list of active anti-gay groups.

Lane’s op-ed also attacks “the pagan media elite and pagan National Education Association,” writing:

Christians must be retrained to war for the Soul of America and quit believing the fabricated whopper of the “Separation of Church and State,” the lie repeated ad nauseum by the left and liberals to keep Christian America – the moral majority – from imposing moral government on pagan public schools, pagan higher learning and pagan media.

Lane concludes with this chilling promise:

You ask, “What is our goal?” To wage war to restore America to our Judeo-Christian heritage with all of our might and strength that God will give us. You ask, “What is our aim?” One word only: victory, in spite of all intimidation and terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, America will ultimately collapse.

The hate being spewed is deafening.

What would Jesus do?

Hat tip: Right Wing Watch

Image via The Response

lepidopteryx June 6, 2013 at 6:37 pm

No one is imposing homosexual marriage on anyone. If you don't want to marry someone of your own sex, you don't have to.

anglicanxn June 15, 2013 at 1:34 pm

You do not think that changing an institution that pre-dates organized society and which has been a part of every culture that ever existed will not have changes that affect EVERYONE? If you do, you do not know much about psychology or sociology – or the reality that in Canada, the idea that same-sex marriage (so-called) is imposed with force on everyone, and dissent is legally punishable.

Changing marriage as an institution has repercussions for everyone, as has been said by many in the movement to normalize same-sex relationships. A few have even said that their aim is to abolish marriage.

Your cute little saying cuts no mustard.

lepidopteryx June 15, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Marriage, a social construct, predates society? How is that even possible?

Same sex marriage is not imposed on everyone in Canada unless you're telling me that all adults in Canada are required to marry someone of their own sex.

BlackWidower June 27, 2013 at 5:07 am

I live in Canada. I'm not forced to marry another man. No one imposes marriage, same-sex or otherwise, on anyone.

And dissent is legally punishable? Yeah, that's also not true, not even slightly. If you're referring to our hate speech laws, the only case I remember where that law was actually used was in a recent case in Sudbury. There was a man running for political office who advocated rounding up gay people and having them executed. That's not really the same thing.

Next, you say that marriage pre-dates organized society. I don't have any reason to doubt that, so let's say it's true. So what? Monarchy and aristocracy a pretty ancient institutions as well, you Americans (I'm guessing) seem to have done well enough without those for the past few centuries. I'm pretty sure you'll do fine with a minor change in definition.

"A few have even said that their aim is to abolish marriage."

A few have also said they have magic powers, and can talk to the dead. A few have also said the both Kennedy assassination and 9/11 were organized by the government, that the moon landings were faked, and that magic doves will shoot out of my ass.

No one's planning to abolish marriage. Such an idea is ludicrous.

Is this a parody account? Am I being punk'd?

anglicanxn June 27, 2013 at 5:33 am

What your reply means is that you are not as widely read as some who have studied this issue for decades, and it means you have been successfully propagandized.

I am a former Episcopal priest who lives in New England and I have been dealing with this issue for three decades. I have an idea of what I am talking about.

BlackWidower June 27, 2013 at 6:20 am

You're an Episcopal priest in New England, therefore you know more about Canada than someone who actually lives there, is what you're saying.

Yeah, that doesn't actually make sense, and I think you know that.

And one crucial point I think I should make. Just saying someone must have been "propagandized" because they disagree with you, is just fucking lunatic.

The reason I am for gay marriage is because I actually thought about it and realized there's no reason not to let them marry. Absolutely none. If you have one I'm willing to hear it.

But more importantly, I find it hilarious that a priest would say something like that… a priest! Let's be honest here, propaganda is sort of your field of business. I don't mean to generalize, but several of your colleagues haven't exactly been open to revealing information in a logical manner. Religion isn't exactly a field where a lot of debate goes on of any sort. In fact, last I checked, debates on religious tenets are generally considered heresy or blasphemy.

I know you may correct me, and say it happens all the time in priestly circles. Or at least, I would hope that's the case. But what about members of the public? And do any of them question whether Jesus was ever nailed to the cross, whether Mary was really a virgin, or whether there even is a god to begin with?

Also, saying 'I'm older than you, therefore, shut up,' is not exactly an intelligent response.

Alex_Parrish June 6, 2013 at 6:47 pm

The United Church of Christ, The Episcopal Church in America, The evangelical Lutheran Church in America, The United Methodist Church, to name but a few do not hold that homosexuality is sinful. There are far more Christians in these groups than in your small sect. You and your hate are NOT in any way representative of Christianity. STFU

Ceadrus June 6, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Being "evangelical" should be about the Goodnews of Jesus Christ. The ONE who emptied himself to be a servant and submitted peacefully to humanity's hypocrisies, intimidation, coercion, violence and death. In order to show that LOVE conquers violence and death. Hope is better than Hatred. Washing other people's feet in servant-hood is better than despair. Reconciliation is the Ministry of those who know the GOOD NEWS of Jesus. Feeding the poor and healing the sick are their call.
Threatening War and Violence seems to be the path to death and despair and why Jesus called the Pharisees white washed tombs. The call to Victory through Violence is a repudiation of the Cross and abandoning hope in the Resurrection of Christ. This "pastor' is a wolf in sheep's clothing and a teacher of blasphemy. The best and only way to respond is, to call these people to remember who Jesus is and for THEM to repent. They need to love their enemies and do good for those they are estranged. They do not fight against homosexuals…they are fighting against GOD. To bad for them; They will loose.

Ceadrus June 6, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Oh did I mention this guy looks like a total closet case? Come out, come out whoever you are…..!!!
I mean… really?…. all that emotion and drama, fighting the big bad scary homosexual agenda?
Where was Jesus with this whole "Gay Thing?" Answer?
Jesus meets the Roman Centurion, who wants his "Beloved Slave" healed. (Hello? job description there) and Jesus calls him The Model of Faith for all of Israel. This Centurion was most likely in a same sex relationship with his "beloved slave" (man). Jesus does not even address that at all; it is morally neutral, like being left handed or having curly hair or brown eyes. Born the way you are.
So all that emotion and drama to fight what is just lurking under the surface for HIM. I know is must be frightening to face your own desires… get therapy dude. Learn to love and accept yourself and others.
Stop threatening violence. Because Gays can and WILL BASH BACK, in their own defense.

Syl1969 June 6, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if he was Dr. Marcus Bachmann's secret lover?

ToniTygrrr June 6, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I hate to tell this apostate bigot, but many gay, lesbian and transgender people are Christians as well.

What this jackass is suggesting is the same exact mistake the crusaders and the Catholic Church made 1000 years ago when they slew thousands upon thousands of innocent Coptic and Eastern Christians in the Middle East during the first crusades. Ignorance and bigotry does not seek to understand differences – it only knows how to sow anger and destruction.

Will they ever learn?

SeanLiberty13 June 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Bring it on you barbaric Nazi parasite. BRING. IT. ON!!!!!

Syl1969 June 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Take your narrow-minded, bigotted, hateful philosophy and shove it where the sun don't shine.This is 2013 and the intelligent people don't base their lives on fantasy beings floating around the skies, telling them how to live life in this century! Believe whatever stupid shit you want to, but leave the rest of us out of it! Just remember, more lives have been lost over religion in this world than in all wars put together. WISE UP! As for me, if I'm going to believe in a mythical all-knowing being, it'll be Santa Clause!

AsatruMike June 6, 2013 at 10:51 pm

ok bigot, like to bring it and stand for ur words? or are u a chickencrap boy, all talk and no honor. i got a patheon of gods behind me, not a zombie and a rapiest

BeerandOnion June 7, 2013 at 7:57 am

Imposing equals the democratic process. Extremism always fears democracy. What this man is say is, "We don't like the choices of the people, so through violence we will destroy civilized freedom and impose our own religious totalitarian state. A state were women and blacks know their place and gays don't exist."

BeerandOnion June 7, 2013 at 7:57 am

<div class="idc-message" id="idc-comment-msg-div-656989759"><a title="Click to Close Message" class="idc-close" href="javascript: IDC.ui.close_message(656989759)"><span>Close Message</span> Comment posted. <p class="idc-nomargin"><a class="idc-share-facebook" style="text-decoration: none;" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthenewcivilrightsmovement.com%2Fpolitical-evangelical-calls-for-war-against-pagan-onslaught-imposing-homosexual-marriage%2Fpolitics%2F2013%2F06%2F06%2F68242#IDComment656989759&t=I%20just%20commented%20on%20Political%20Evangelical%20Calls%20For%20%E2%80%98War%E2%80%99%20Against%20%E2%80%98Pagan%20Onslaught%20Imposing%20Homosexual%20Marriage%E2%80%99%20%7C%20The%20New%20Civil%20Rights%20Movement&quot; target="_new"><span class="idc-share-inner"><span>Share on Facebook</span></span> or <a href="javascript: IDC.ui.close_message(656989759)">Close MessageImposing equals the democratic process. Extremism always fears democracy. What this man is saying is, "We don't like the choices of the people, so through violence we will destroy civilized freedom and impose our own religious totalitarian state. A state were women and blacks know their place and gays don't exist."

jcajunque June 7, 2013 at 4:21 pm

This man, like many other bittter, hate filled "christians" only use the guise to persecute those who don't do as they say. Whay, you might ask, are they bitter and hate filled? Because they are the ones none of us wanted/would play with when we were kids because they are anal retentive assholes.

Ck1985 June 8, 2013 at 1:25 am

Yeeeeeah….about that….this man needs to just sit down and shut up. He's obviously infected with the disease known as word vomit which often comes with paranoia, being in the closet, and thinking you have more power than the god you worship. And what's all this crap about liberals and left? They never take blame for anything they do. I didn't know we lived in a world of six year olds playing the blame game. What a moronic, closeted, hateful, hypocritical, and self righteous jerk.

GftE3472 June 8, 2013 at 2:28 am

"Christian love is regulated not by impulse, but by principle." Really? Honey, I've spent quite a few decades on this earth and can't possibly count the many instances I've encountered christians "loving" people they weren't supposed to and/or not loving people they should. Principles? Hardly.

HuntersMoon June 13, 2013 at 8:00 pm

2000 years of war from christians. We should expect nothing less. Now were a itty bitty minority in a christian universe and still they cry war. Bullies! but thats ok. My Gods will be smiling at me when I say CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

KentonF June 14, 2013 at 7:33 am

Christianity is no better, and no more true, than anyone else's religion.

iveydeschanel June 14, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Is anyone else's Gaydar going off?

Pagan_n_Proud June 14, 2013 at 6:50 pm

THIS Pagan is armed and ready to fight this "holy" war!! That jerkoff David Lane and his wuss pals won't know what hit them!

geneva0208 June 17, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Who in the World are you to charge anyone up for a war? God did not to war with anyone, nor did he tell us to do that, and to do it under his name. How dare you use my Gods name to benifit yourself!

anglicanxn June 27, 2013 at 11:33 am

One of the difficulties of internet discussions is that two people of vastly differing worldviews can easily misunderstand one another, especially when statements are, of necessity, fairly brief. I may have misunderstood you; you certainly misunderstood me. I did not claim to be more intelligent than you, or even more knowledgeable – simply that this is a topic with which I have been well-acquainted for decades and so have more than passing knowledge about. I probably am older than you, but that really does not have a bearing on the matter.
I also did not claim to know more about Canada than you, simply that I know a lot about the topic and knew some things that have happened in Canada, such as the pastor who had to deal with a court case for simply saying in a sermon that he was convinced that same-sex sexual relationships were wrong in themselves and unhelpful to society as well. There have been legal suits brought in the US and Great Britain as well.

I know there is propaganda because I have seen it going on for decades.

Answer me three questions to demonstrate the logic of your position:
1) What is the fundamental biological purpose of the sexual organs?
2) What is the fundamental historical and legal basis for marriage (which has been found in all cultures and all times as a male-female matter, even if specific forms of that have varied, since before laws were codified)?
3. On what basis should these two things be ignored in order to make same-sex marriage a good thing?

If you can answer those three questions, without basing your case on mere emotionalism, I will believe that you have thought this matter through rationally.

People doubt the teachings of the Christian faith all the time. I do not mind honest questioning in the least; it is part of growth. I do not mind doubts either; there are many reasons for wondering why one should take the trouble to believe and not simply do whatever one feels like, especially if the culture has been materialistic in both its aims (people seeking things and experiences more than anything else) and its intellectual life (believing that matter is all that there is). Your comment about Christian propaganda gives me reason to believe that you have never encountered a rigorous intellectual defense of the Christian faith. The Christian faith indeed has a rational basis. Of course, it also has moral demands, and there have certainly been people who seek to avoid those demands by ignoring the intellectual grounds of the Christian faith. I am not saying you are among such people, just that they exist, and have sent up a cloud of arguments against Christianity because they do not want it to be true.