by David Badash on January 11, 2013

in Guns,News

Post image for State Revokes Gun Permit Of CEO Who Threatened To ‘Start Killing People’ If Obama Took Guns

The state of Tennessee has revoked the handgun carry permit of James Yeager, the Tennessee CEO of Tactical Response, after he posted a YouTube video threatening to “start killing people” if Obama’s gun control measures went “one inch further.”

WATCH:

‘I’m Going To Start Killing People’ Threatens CEO Of Weapons Training Company Over Gun Control

Gun Training CEO Who Threatened To Kill Over Gun Control: ‘I Don’t Retract Any Of My Statements’

“The number one priority for our department is to ensure the public’s safety. Mr. Yeager’s comments were irresponsible, dangerous, and deserved our immediate attention. Due to our concern, as well as that of law enforcement, his handgun permit was suspended immediately. We have notified Mr. Yeager about the suspension today via e-mail. He will receive an official notification of his suspension through the mail,” Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons said, according to local NBC affiliate WBIR News.

In his original video, Yeager had said that if Obama strengthened gun control or banned assault weapons, or if President Obama’s gun control “goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people.”

Yeager had added, “it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot.”

“I’m not putting up with it,” Yeager continued. “You shouldn’t put up with it. And I need all you patriots, to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack up a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight.”

“I’m not fucking putting up with this. I’m not letting my country be ruled by a dictator. I’m not letting anybody take my guns! If it goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people.”

Related:

Invoking Hitler And Stalin, Conservatives Freak Over Biden’s Gun Control Meeting

Biden At Gun Control Meeting Talks Presidential Executive Order Plus Legislation

akismet-4b3929a2194f2683ab0483a536f256fe January 11, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Wow, that's the most sane thing I think I have ever heard about Tennessee authorities doing!

Alex_Parrish January 11, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Good for them. If the answer to gun violence is, as the NRA says, "it's the people, not the guns," this guy clearly is one of the people who should not have a gun. He should not only have his carry-permit revoked, he should be deprived of all his guns — immediately. He is clearly one of the dangerous ones the NRA was talking about.

BJLincoln January 11, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Good! Maybe this will teach him to keep is anger in check. I say take his guns because he sounds like a threat to others. If he gives the police any crap then arrest him for trying to get others involved. The freedom of speech only goes so far when you are threatening to start a war. To bad it does not apply to calling LGBT people horrible things.

angelbaby83 January 12, 2013 at 12:57 am

That goes into Freedom of Speech vs Hate Speech. I hope, some point fairly soon, that the US adopts a similar stance on that, like Great Britain and other progressive nations have done.

MAD JEWESS January 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Shut up with that 'hate speech' moonbattery.
I bet you all expect people to just march off to the gulags.
Damned fascists

angelbaby83 January 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm

It would help immeasurably if you stepped outside of your cardboard box fantasy of what the world is and back into reality. The fanatical, ultra-conservative hype of 'they are trying to take our guns away' shows the typical short-sightedness. That lack of foresight being when will you stop thinking about only about you and look at, judiciously mind you, how many preventable deaths exist because people who should not have access to firearms, based on mental stability, have that ease of access. There is no good reason for a civilian to have an assault rifle, if a shotgun, hunting rifle, hunting revolver, or bow is not able to take down their quarry then they need to be re-evaluated for their license for likely vision problems. Home defense is an invalid reason when the tools mentioned previously work perfectly well for that purpose as well.

As an honest liberal, who knows my history, America , as a whole not the exceptions, often treat the second amendment in it's application today in an extremely similar way the far right conservative christians attempt to say that the bible says homosexuality is wrong while they themselves violate other parts of the very same part of that book in the old testament (Leviticus).

My last point is your unfounded accusation of 'Fascist' which at this point seems perfectly clear that you do not even know what it means therefore I will describe it so you are aware.
The two primary definitions of the word are as an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization and (in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice.

So by going by what you have said briefly in both this reply and the one below, both lacking greatly in any sort of thought out structure or information on the view points you hold in contrast or why, the one who (by all evidence thus far) is a fascist, is you.

If I seem to be attacking to a point perhaps to a minor degree in response to the same type of linguistic theme you have put forth. My own history has shown the hopelessness of trying to speak reasonably and calmly with someone who is not either, nor has a desire to become either. So one resorts to fighting fire with fire in a more informative light.

MAD JEWESS January 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm

IDIOT.
You are a women w/out a gun, you can fall victim to rape.
But, whats so big about that??
You idiots are usually on the side of the offenders.