by David Badash on February 1, 2013

in Education,News,Sports

Post image for ‘What Queers Do Is An Abomination Against God’ High School Teacher Tells Students (Audio)

An Alabama high school teacher, Bob Grisham, was recorded telling his students that what “queers” do, “it’s an abomination against God.” Lauderdale County, Alabama High School teacher Bob Grisham also attacked First Lady Michelle Obama, and told his students in a two-way conversation that “it ain’t gone get no better until things change.” One of the students called Michelle Obama a “big fat gorilla,” and Grisham called her, “fat butt Michelle Obama.” Bob Grisham is the football team’s head coach who also serves as a driver’s ed and psychology teacher. He is now under investigation but it sounds like the school board is taking its time.

“No action has been taken against Grisham by the district’s administration or the school board,” the TimesDaily reports:

He was not at school Wednesday, and [Superintendent Jennifer] Gray said he has family obligations that were expected to keep him out of school the rest of the week.

“Before we do anything, we’ll investigate this thoroughly and gather information from other people,” Gray said. “Whatever we do in response to this situation will be dictated by board policy.”

The board’s attorney, James Irby, said Wednesday he’d not heard the audiotape, but had attempted to find it on You Tube. He said it was removed before he could listen to it.

Irby said the board will deal with the situation, “sooner rather than later,” but did not have a date for the board to act.

“The board’s range is to recommend doing nothing to termination,” Irby said. “And, of course, they have everything in between, such as suspension with or without pay or merely a warning.”

“I misspoke in a debate-type situation,” Grisham told the TimesDaily. “I have no hatred toward anyone or any group. People that know my heart, they know that.”

Here’s the transcript:

Grisham: Like those lunches – you get 600-calorie lunches – you know who’s behind that?

Different voice: Michelle Obama

Grisham: Fat butt Michelle Obama

(Giggling in background)

Grisham: And look … look at her. She looks like she weighs 185 or 190. She’s overweight.

Different voice: Big fat gorilla

(laughter)

Grisham: I’m serious. Y’all, our country is, is, is going in the wrong direction.

Different voice: It’s going straight to hell.

Grisham: You’d better be aware of it. And people running around like, oh it’ll get better, it’ll get better. No, it ain’t gone get no better until things change. I can give you example after example of that, but I don’t want to use any local names to give you examples. Things won’t get better until there’s a change in some areas and stuff. And you know what his platform was? Change. We’re gone change. We’re all … aw it’s OK …. for … and … y’all can get pissed off at me or not. You can go tell the principal, you can call the superintendent and tell her. I don’t believe in queers, I don’t like queers. I don’t … I don’t hate them as a person but what they do is wrong, it’s an abomination against God. I don’t like being around queers.

Via: Joe.My.God

Mykelbarber February 1, 2013 at 9:48 am

This man is a psychology teacher? His credentials should be rescinded as he doesn't practice within APA standards.

barbonine February 1, 2013 at 9:51 am

It ain't gonna get better until people like this die off.
Cang sum can hon.

cipher February 1, 2013 at 9:59 am

what they do is wrong, it’s an abomination against God

Well, I think his religion is an abomination against humanity. We're even.

it ain’t gone get no better

Uh huh – apparently, he has no problem with crimes against grammar.

Robroberts2013 February 1, 2013 at 10:41 am

Once again proving that bigots are usually retarded as well.

angelbaby83 February 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

Further proof that sometimes even education can't help those unwilling to see reason.

scottsteaux63 February 1, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Okay let me try to wrap my brain around this one. This knuckle-dragging Neanderthal racist bigot is a PSYCHOLOGY TEACHER? He must have gotten his diploma via mail-order.

Oh and incidentally, since Mrs Obama is six feet tall, a weight of 180 or even 190 would not necessarily be overweight; my own mother was a tall, large-boned woman and her best weight was always about 185.

Truth_Addict February 1, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I wonder how he feels about people that get divorced? … then remarry?…. or have tattoos?……or eat shrimp and lobsters? He's just another ignorant, hypocritical so-called christian. AND he's a teacher!!!! He is what is wrong with our schools.

LOrion February 1, 2013 at 2:07 pm

So he has never had a blow job in his life? That's his problem!

pauleky February 1, 2013 at 6:40 pm

This people are always apologetic when they get caught. I guess everyone deserves a second chance, but it's time to call these people out for the ignorant fools they are.

stemke2010 February 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Coach Bubba "don't BELIEVE in queers," huh? Let me tell him what I don't BELIEVE. I don't believe his religion. There are enough examples throughout history of religion being flat out wrong. Galileo and the Inquisition are just two. I don't believe his religious beliefs belong in a public school. I don't believe his religious beliefs are anymore valid than mine. I don't believe that there are still people in this country who will cherry pick certain parts of the bible to take literally while ignoring the ones that are inconvenient to their prejudices. I don't believe there was anything God-like that came out of his mouth in this recording.

Unfortunately, I do believe that any "punishment" this man receives will hinge more on his win-loss record as a coach than on his bigoted beliefs as a teacher. Sad.

lepidopteryx February 3, 2013 at 3:21 pm

"What queers do…"
Go to work every day.
Pay their bills.
Cook dinner.
Watch tv.
Care for their SO's, spouses, and/or children.
Mow their lawns.
Play fetch with their dogs.
What is abominable about that?

Oh, wait, I get it now. He meant "What queers do when they have sex." Is he aware that plenty of straights enjoy the same combinations of organs, orifices, and/or objects employed by same-sex couples? Is it an abomination when a woman gives a man head? What about when a man gives cunnilingus? Is 69 between heterosexuals a double abomination? What if a woman penetrates a man using a strap-on? Does that make Baby Jesus cry?